# SMI Bekasi City
# SMI Medan City
# SMI Pekalongan City
#SMI Yogyakarta City
Higher Education Act (UU PT) was passed: Disaster for the INDONESIA
SBY-Boediono regime Capitalist Failure Organizing Free Education, Scientific, Democratic and Visionary the People
At exactly 11:15 pm on 13 July 2012 the House of Representatives Indonesian Republic Commission X, has enacted another law to the rasistant shrimp against interests of the people, the Higher Education Act (UU PT) in which relevant rules regulate the types of .
College and University governance in Indonesia allowed to stand. Including rules relating to the fulfillment of the needs of the operational costs of University education a high in the middle of the reduction in state subsidies to the education sector in Indonesia. Since planning (UU PT) have experienced much debated due to several existing chapters clearly has legitimized what we call the practice of education and any excess capitalization of evil against the people's interest in obtaining the rights education in Indonesia, Indonesia special people's access to higher education access in Indonesia. The question of where the root of the problem (UU PT) which eventually led to the rejection of legalization Higher Education Act (UU PT).
Since 1995, The Era of the New Order Indonesia has been a member of the WTO, the World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only international organization that regulates international trade. Formed in 1995 and run by a series of agreements, negotiated and agreed by the Member States which must then be ratified (reduced to domestic policy) through Parliament these countries. The purpose of the WTO agreements is to ensure that manufacturers of goods and services, exporters and importers in performing all activities. That is pushing expansion in markets world countries and the unification of the world market with the goal of profit maximization.
In December 2005 SBY-JK's signed GAT (General Agreement on Trade in Services) governing the liberalization of Trade in Services 12 sectors, where the agreement is set education as a form of public sector services that can be privatized without the intervention of the state government. For the record capitalization of a sector is a true service-oriented capitalist class interests surplus value. This is because the State as an instrument of power in limiting the rights of its people to manage the public and investors that barriers to the capitalization of the institution can be removed, in other words, Neo-Liberals will try to eliminate the role and responsibility of States for the role of education then in turn the market mechanism.
Ratification of services liberalization especially within the field of education is a compulsory agenda that must be realized, which is then realized through the Master Plan for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesia's Economic Development (MP3EI), after the failure of law enforcement BHP (Law Body Education) in 2010, the government of SBY-Boediono represented by education minister M. Noah immediately proceed with the liberalization of education projects brewing draft Law on Higher Education to replace BHP Law has canceled. So the bill passed PT that day really did not have the basic law is clear, he appears only as Will political government wanted to maybe make that legal certainty for the liberalization of education.
The articles in the bill that was allegedly PT disclaimer legalize State Responsibility for Implementation of Higher Education
1. (Article 8, Paragraph 1) Government planning, alignment, development, development of national higher education and long-term, in this article to set the government's role limited to the formulation of strategic policy only foreight. But the rules that clarify the role of government as a facilitator in the national higher education limited to PTN-PTN alone, in fact more than 3000 universities in Indonesia are Private Colleges
2. The government set up at least one (1) Higher Education in each province and the regional government set up at least one High school in the district / city. If there are no rules that bind the government to governance Private Universities, the facilitator function of government in setting up universities in Indonesia are also very limited, quantitatively State responsibility has fallen when in one province, and city / county has established a college State. So in the eyes of the law the government's responsibility has been fulfilled, although in the future there is only one college course in the region. No imbalance quantity to the number of State Universities Private Universities at some point makes the practice of market liberalization, it is the result of rising tuition prices constantly going every time new admissions, is due to the determination of the amount of tuition fees be left on their respective policies campus. Without any real attempt by the government to protect the price increase education so people will not have to bear the costs of higher education are so great.
3. Article 67 paragraph 1 states PTS (Private Colleges) to status: incorporated PTS, or PTS as a nonprofit corporation implementing unit. As an educational unit incorporated in the Law of the governance process is of course a PTS can maximize (acting as possible) autonomous principality that is given, because the role of the State government and the regulator limited for Legal Education policy does not violate the rules then what any form of formal policy in the eyes of the law can be justified. No matter if it is then the policy is off the democratic principles and the scientific.
While some issues during this private university is in the process of governance patterned vertical relationship between the foundation and the rector. Where the Foundation positioning itself as the owner and act like a board of directors that determines the strategic policy direction (PTS) while rector arm only as an agent for the foundation. In this kind of relationship system - which in (UU PT) also the foundation for Regulated legalization law - the tendency has been for the management of PTS could potentially destroy the educational process that is democratic, liberating and scientific; Rectorate is the agent for the foundation's agenda; Foundation in many cases not to pursue the daily educational process it is very much interference.
But on the other hand if it is then there is PTS-PTS who want full autonomy from the foundation by organizing their own college governance through the Board of Legal Education which then actually happened was a prolonged conflict between the foundation which was legitimation proprietary with the rector who want full autonomy, as what happens on college campuses in Indonesia, as where the conflict occurred in the ownership of private universities Univ. Trisakti, Univ. Islamic North Sumtera, Unitomo Surabaya, Darul Ulum Univ. With the implementation of real UU.PT potential conflicts led to a prolonged tenure due at the same time the State is merely a regulator alone. Without having a strong force in the settlement of the fundamental problems of his intervention. Another is the potential sacrificing student academic rights.
Higher education is the basic meaning bringing up, enlightening, liberating and formed man becomes more human. In this case higher education shall enable graduates to be able to bring people to a new way of thinking and behavior fundamentally, Transformative and substantial, a new thinking that is democratic, scientific and democratic vision. Higher education should be essential to locate and treat the entire academic community (students, lecturers and employees) as whole human beings.
Colleges that ignore these basic principles will undergo fundamental problems in the governance of the organization fundamentally. Such colleges may be able to survive in a relatively long period of time to meet the various requirements of procedural and operational activities are defined. However, the college experience like this would be a fundamental problem with the goal of qualitative and normative rights owned by civitas academic. College such as this may also result in a certain number of graduates in a particular time period as well. However, graduates produced just being one of many capable graduates continue PT practices that already exist in the community alone.
In these circumstances, if the practices that exist in today's society tend to be corrupt, inhuman, mechanistic, weak competitiveness, reactive, exploitative and repressive then college graduates produced would strengthen any bad practice in the community. Education is a cultural process. Education should enable the learner to make changes to the cultural transformation for the better in an effective, substantial and rely on the values of democracy. For higher education co-opted it and therefore subject only to the interests of the commercial market and represent the industrial interests of a particular, will not bring reform to stakeholders and society broadly and fundamentally. In this state colleges will only continue practices that have been generally accepted in the industry and society.
While it may in many cases college status and has gained various prestigious awards, but the nature of the role and function fundamentally as a college just ignored. Awards, recognition and accreditation status granted to a college is usually determined by how much PT in question is able to meet a set of qualitative measures of external operational and procedural mechanics set. Measures that seem relevant when viewed from the aspect of compliance with industry interests that are narrow, short-term and well-established.
We, therefore, the student union Indonesia, expressed the attitude:
1. The Higher Education Act Passed Represents A New Catastrophe for People Indonesia, so laws should be immediately revoked PT.
2. Then the Resistance Against Capitalization of Education, Student Union Calls From a Popular Movement Union Element.
Sep. 27-28th 2012
Serikat Mahasiswa Indonesia